Sunday, June 28, 2015

LIVING WITH PARENTS


Avni was standing in the kitchen and cutting carrots, when Prem came and hugged her from behind. He was still holding her when she said, “my dear hubby, can you please let me go? I have to cook for your entire family.”

Prem let her go, then stood facing her and said, “let me help you, you are cooking for everyone for the first time.”

Avni looked at Prem, she knew he really meant it.

“O K. But first change your clothes and come.”

“I. I. Ma’am.”

Prem quickly changed, freshened up and started helping Avni with the cooking.

“I think it is a good decision.”

“Which one?”

“Separating from our parents and living on our own.”

“I don’t know. I am still in two minds about this.”

“I mean no fights, no arguments, no interference.”

“No love, no care, now they will just visit us occasionally and we have to make do with that.”

“I am happy, this way. Early morning, I will just have to wake up to you.”

“I am worried. Early mornings, I will just have to wake up to you.”

“Grhh.”

“Hahaha”

“But look at the positive side. In the future, it will just be occasions that you will have to take care of them. Otherwise, I have your undivided attention!”

“I just hope Prem, your parents will know that it was your decision to separate and I didn’t have anything to do with it.”

“What are you worried about?”

“Of them misunderstanding me. I want them to accept me. When are you planning to speak to them?”

“Soon - as soon as you are convinced completely, my darling!”

~ A Story By Fizaah Faiyaz

2 comments: