Monday, July 25, 2016

SCARED TO LOVE, AGAIN!


"Hello".

"Hey M. What happened to you? Everyone's trying to get hold of you from the last two days and you seem to be unavailable," said Rita.

"Nothing like that," said Maria.

"OK, I believe you. Now open the door, I am standing right outside," said Rita.

"Damn," said Maria under her breadth. She quickly got up and ran to the washroom. Throwing some water on her face, she wiped it. Spraying a little perfume, she went to open the main door.

"What took you so long? I have been standing here since the Queen was born," said Rita.

"Shushhh! Keep your voice down. My head is aching. What will you have?" Maria asked.

The elder girl took out two glasses and poured some wine in it. Then she cut some cheese and kept it on the table. She offered one to Rita.

"M, look at the time. Who drinks wine at this early hour?" asked Rita.

Still holding the glasses, Maria questioned, "So, you don't want it?"

"No, I didn't mean that," said Rita taking one of the glasses from Maria's hand.

Rita had parked herself on the couch, so Maria sat opposite to her.

"Who sent you here? Dad, mom or your husband and my younger brother - Dan?" quizzed Maria.

"No one M. I just came to meet you," confessed Rita.

Maria smiled and answered, "You Liar! I know you guys too well. Stop checking on me. I promised you all I am moving on and I am. Just the other day, a friend asked me out and I accepted". Rita was just nodding her head, so Maria continued, "So, I am going to meet him, enjoy myself and it will be like today didn't happen".

At the end of her last sentence, Maria picked up her glass, raised it towards Rita and drank the whole wine in one go. Then she proceeded to pour herself another glass. Catching her hand to stop, Rita asked her, "You have been drinking from the last two days, haven't you?"

Maria didn't want to answer the question. She pulled her hand out and kept the bottle away knowing quiet well that Rita had hit the nail.

"I am scared, Rita. It felt like I was betraying Richard when I said yes to this guy," Maria explained.

Rita got up from her seat to sit next to Maria. Holding her hand sha said, "Richard died two years ago. He is gone and you need to move on. He would want it for you. You have every right to pursue happiness".

"But I don't even know if this guy is happiness," said Maria.

"You never know until you try, M. When are you meeting him?" asked Rita.

"Today evening. But I was planning to cancel it".

"No, you aren't going to do that. Instead, you are going to dress up and look a million dollars and you aren't going to run away, if he flirts," scolded Rita.

"I can't," said Maria.

"Of course, you can. We will take one step at a time. Dad, mim, Dan and I will be there by your side at each step, like always".

No comments:

Post a Comment