Sunday, October 30, 2016

LETTER TO MY EX THAT I WILL NEVER POST


Dearest Shaun,
          
   On good days, I am thankful for our relationship, laughing on the lessons that I have learnt from it. On bad days, I wonder about my life had we still been together. And though in all sense, I know that we broke up for the developing cracks, the lost love and other factors, these things don't stop me from questioning - what if.
   The initial days after our breakup were tough. I don't recall if I cried, but I think I did. I was hurt and disappointed. Add to it, I felt betrayed. My negative emotions came from what I believed we could have worked things out. Later, it was more for feeling that you should have been more honest about your feelings and told me the truth, we didn't belong together.
   It must have been tough living a lie. Wanting out and still continuing.
   Every relationship, no matter who falls out of love is damaging to both souls. You get over it finally, but it always leaves scars. Some beautiful, some not so.
   My aim in writing this letter is not to blame you or myself. But, more for thanking you and relieving you of the guilt that your subconscious has or will ever have.
   We both met at a time when we were perfect for each other. We grew apart and that is the way of life. With you, I sang, danced, rejoiced, cried and am a better person because of my past of which you were a major part.
   So, thank you my dear love. Thank you for everything.

Your's Sincerely,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment