Sunday, May 21, 2017

WHEN LI MET RISH - THE RUNAWAY GIRL


"Hi."

"Hi."

"You are Liza, right?"

"Yes."

"I am Rishabh. But you can call me whatever you want."

"OK, Whatever You Want."

"Funny girl! You don't talk much, do you?"

"Not while eating, no!"

"No, really! I have been observing you for the past few days. You don't mingle with anyone from office."

"And to what may I owe your attention and stalking skills?"

"It is part of my job as an HR intern."

"I am pretty sure that's not what HR does."

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"OK, listen. I have to get back to researching a piece for one of the writers. I hope you enjoy your meal.”

"Sure. What are you researching about?"

"How to avoid a nosy colleague."

Fake laughter from my side, while I guess his was real.

"I am pretty sure that's not what you have to research about."

"Maybe, maybe not."

I got up to leave.

"You fascinate me very very much, Miss Baker."

"The feeling is mutual, dear Sir."

I took a bow and left. And that is how we met. He did admit to me much later that he was very nervous talking to me. But I can swear on the sacred sun, he didn’t appear as such. He was cheeky, nosy and appeared over-confident. Honestly, I had already put him on my dislike list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment