Sunday, June 4, 2017

HOW DARE YOU FORGET?


We all have bad episodes in our lives. People, incidents, days that we want to put behind us and never remember, right? And while you may occasionally forget your good friends birthday, each year that bad memory will pop up in your mind without fail.

My luck loves to mock me ruthlessly. So the year I think I have overcome an evil, there is always that friend, the one who has seen you suffering and supported you throughout the ordeal, in all his/her naivety question you about it.

Friend: That incident, it's today. I hope you have forgotten it.

Me: I don't care any more.

Friend: Good girl. Because you know it's about time you overcame it. It doesn't hurt you right?

Me: Let's not talk about it.

Friend: Why?

And then I get a whole lecture about the memory. Every tiny detail, every tiny folly rubbed on my face with little care to the excruciating pain I am going through. But hey, that's what friends do. They help you become stronger!

*Is story ke sab patr imaginary hai. Any similarity to anyone is highly regretted. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment