Sunday, August 16, 2015

I THINK HE LIKES YOU


"I think he likes you", said Gauri to her best friend Gail.

"I really have my doubts, girl. We have been chatting for more than a month now and he still hasn't asked me out", said Gail.

"Well, maybe he is unsure of how you will react. If he doesn't ask you, you ask him out. We are living in the 21st century, now".

"I think, I will. I have been patiently waiting for too long".

*

"Hey. How far is your office from mine?", was what Gail had typed and sent Saurabh. He replied after a good 15 minutes. "You want me to meet you at your office?"

"Depends on whether you want to meet me", she wrote.

Then a volley of replies went back and forth.

He: Hahaha. Is that how you invite someone?

She: Just asking.

He: Asking what?

She: Will you meet me at my office? Is it convenient to you?

He: Do I have any other alternative?

Gail wanted to scream by this time, but she simply wrote, "Well, there is none".

He: Interesting.

She: So?

He: So, What?

She: You are taking a long time to decide.

He: Hahaha. Well, during your office hours, I am still working.

She: Seriously, please tell me you are joking!

He: Why?

She: A. Of course, I was talking about meeting after office hours.
And B. let’s just forget it. You are just frustrating me. Making plans with you is like banging my head on the wall.

He: Well, how many plans have you made with me before this?

She: Exactly. The first one is so maddening, I have no courage or energy left to make any further plans.

He: Hahaha.

*

"So, what did you write next?" asked a puzzled Gauri.

"Good night", said Gail.

"And what did he reply?".

"Good night and sweet dreams".

"Hmmm".

"I told you, he wasn't interested", a heartbroken Gail told Gauri.

"No ya, Gail. Don't judge his likeness by this one incident. For all you know, he must be testing you. He might just apologize soon. Just wait and watch. I am sure, he likes you", said Gauri.

Gail put a cushion on her face and screamed. She now wanted to punch Saurabh and slap her best friend.

~ A Story By Fizaah Faiyaz

2 comments: