Sunday, November 22, 2015

DON'T BE AN EMOTIONAL FOOL


 “I am seeing someone,” said Isha

“What do you mean by that?” asked Rishabh

“You know exactly what I mean,” said Isha looking straight at her best friend.

Deflecting her gaze, Rishabh watched the sea. The weather was gloomy and both the friends were sitting in a restaurant.

“Say something,” she shouted at him.

“What do you want me to say?” he asked looking at her.

This time she looked away and said, “You could congratulate me for once.”

“It won't be from my heart,” Rishabh said

“Leave it. I don't know what I was expecting from you,” she said.

“Fine. Let's talk about something else”. 

“Let's just order food, I'm feeling hungry,” she said.

Isha and Rishabh ordered the lunch and were eating it peacefully when Rishabh said, “Ria wants to meet you.”

“I don't want to meet your girlfriend.”

“And what should I tell her?”

“Think of something. You are good at that.”

“Something like what?”

“Who cares? And, can we please stop talking about her. If I can’t talk about him, then you can’t talk about her.”

“Because it hurts you? You still love me, don't you?” he asked

“You know we can't be together. We want different things from life,” said Isha

“We could work something out.”

“What? What are you talking about? I can't give up on my dreams and neither can you. When a relationship starts only with complications, it is on its way to doom,” she justified.

“So, we pretend not to love each other and find other partners?”

By now, they had both stopped eating. The waiter came to pick up the things. “Anything else, Sir?"

“No. Just get the bill,” Rishabh said.

“What choice do we have?” asked Isha

“I'm suffocating, Isha,” he said catching hold of her hand.

“I doubt that. I keep seeing your pictures with your darling and the status updates on WhatsApp,” she said as she struggled to break free from his hold.

“Isha, I love you.”

“Rishabh, I love you too. But we need to be practical in love,” she said.

2 comments: