Sunday, November 15, 2015

LETTING GO


“I like Manav. He is a nice guy,” confessed Boo

“OMG! You have finally started dating again. I am so happy for you,” said Fariya, giving her little sister a hug. 

“You like the sound of him? Wait until you meet him. You will just fall in love with him. He is so adorable,” said Boo, blushing.

“As long as you are happy, Khusboo. These past few months have been just difficult,” stated Fariya.

“I reckon that. My misery was difficult for you people as well. I am not in that state any more. Though I still have a few unanswered questions,” said Boo.

“Are they worth asking?” questioned her sister.

“I don’t know. I just wish he had been more honest with me. I don’t know how I could have helped, but knowing his doubts, insecurities would have mattered. You don’t just come home one day and say that you are getting married to someone else,” said Boo.

“No. That dream was yours. Something that you both had seen together. He had no right to single-handedly give it away,” said Fariya.

“Exactly. My self-esteem went off on a holiday. My motivation, hope everything murdered in cold blood.  And don’t even ask me about my house of dreams with the 2 kids in them…” drifted Boo and stopped.

“So Boo, how tall is Manav?” asked Fariya

“You are trying to change the topic. Good try,” said Boo.

“Because, you still haven’t got over him,” said Fariya.

“After 2 years, you can’t expect me to let go so easily. I am working on it as I go along, breathing slowly,” said Boo.

“Don’t get into a relationship with Manav unless you get over that moron completely.”

“Di!" Boo exclaimed in surprise and continued, "I have just stepped into the dating world, liked a guy, this relationship word is still out of the question.”

“Have you told Manav about him?” asked Fariya.

“Yes, in short. We all have our stories,” said Boo

“He has a past too?” questioned Fariya

Boo nodded and said, “One that is sad just like mine, if not less or more.”

“I want to meet him, Khusboo,” said Fariya.

“Have patience, Di. We both want to take it slow this time. Once bitten, twice shy they say. Something like that,” said Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment