Sunday, August 21, 2016

I DON'T WANT TO DIE IN LOVE


"Don't stare at it like that. If you have any thoughts of jumping from this cliff, then please banish them," said Ayesha.

"Right now, I am not sure how I feel about anything, except you," confessed Aryan.

The couple were sitting on a cliff that was termed as a lover's point as well as infamous for suicide. Below them was a vast forest.

"So, the thought did occur to you?" she chided.

"Yes," he confessed.

"Like really?" she asked astonished.

"In these circumstances, yes! And thanks for betraying me," said Aryan.

Ayesha hit him on his arm and said, "Ass! Who introduces a girl to his parents with 'Mom, Dad, this is Ayesha. We want to get married to each other'. Didn't anyone teach you to act more discreetly?" said Ayesha.

"Well, I was nervous and I know I should have been more cautious, but I was so sure they would say yes. You know how I proud I was of the relationship I shared with them," Aryan said.

"I know. But that doesn't change our situation," she said embracing him on his shoulders. For a few seconds they stayed silent. Then she broke it with, "So, now both sets of parents disapprove. What do you want to do?"

"Can you jump?" asked Aryan.

Ayesha broke his embrace and with both hands cupped his lower face. Then she said, "I wanted their approval".

"I know baby. But looks like we aren't getting it and have hit a dead end," he said and took both hands from around his face and held it tightly in his hands. Then he asked again, "Can you jump?" and looked again towards the cliff end.

"I want to live with you, not die for you, idiot," she said.

"So, no? I can get the stars and moon for you and you can't do a simple jump for me?" he dramatised.

"Stop being so dramatic, Aryan. We are not jumping from anywhere," she stated.

"I wasn't talking about me. Only you," he said and smiled. When she looked at him angrily, he continued, "You stay on the first floor na. I was thinking, I will get a bike and you can jump just like in the movies and we can flee together".

She laughed out loud, "Which fateful day did I decide to say yes to you? And remind me why... Sorry to disappoint you darling, but I have the guts to walk out with a bag from the front gate".

"Damn and I was hoping for some drama. But you are so practical. And it was 6 years ago that I asked you out for the first day and you said yes, because you liked my dimples. Reminded you of Shah Rukh Khan".

"Well, you create enough drama for both of us. At least someone has to act sensibly,"  she said.

He was still holding her hand, while she looked at the cliff end.

"I scared you for a moment, didn't I?" said Aryan.

"Ass," Ayesha said.

2 comments:

  1. I think Love is definitely LIVING.. and not dieing..

    good story though...

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully Aryan and Ayesha believed in living too :)

      Delete