Sunday, August 28, 2016

INDEPENDENCE IN A RELATIONSHIP


When Tammy entered her flatmates room, she saw the girl watching television while lying on her stomach.

"Why the hell are you watching Dexter? Don't you hate the guy?" asked Tammy.

"Huh!" Ananya looked up, then realised she was indeed watching the popular series and switched it off. Then, she got up and sat on the bed with a pillow on her lap. Tammy sat opposite to her and asked, "What's the problem?"

"I can't figure this guy out," Ananya confessed.

"Remind me why you are with this bozo?"

"The same reason you are with Akshay".

"Well, Akshay makes me feel alive. He is funny, honest, good-looking and I am probably in love with him," said Tammy.

"Bozo is also funny. In fact he is hilarious. He has integrity that I haven't found in any guy in a long long time. And to top it all, he is unconventional," said Ananya.

"Then what is the problem?" questioned Tammy.

"Yesterday night, I told him something which I thought sounded like what I really felt, but was cheesy and he reacted likewise," said Ananya.

"What did you say?" asked Tammy.

"I said - I don't know what to do when I am not with you," said Ananya and hid her face in the pillow, while Tammy laughed loudly.

Once her laughter died, Tammy snatched the pillow away from Ananya and the girl continued, "For a few seconds he was quiet. Then he said - That's not good. You need to be independent".

"Wohoo! Where did you find this guy? I am starting to think he may not be a bozo after all. Did he just use the word 'Independence' with you!"

"Well, the independence talk could be in reference to both of us. For all I know, he might be wanting independence from me".

"Keep it simple, Ananya. Whatever the reason, he is still being more reasonable than you".

"Tammy, I am so used to being wanted, needed and vice-verse that space, independence, terms like these just feel so alien".

"Did you tell him all this? questioned Tammy.

"Yes. He said - Fake it till you make it," said Ananya.

"What does that even mean?" asked Tammy.

"If I knew, do you think I would be sitting and watching Dexter? stated Ananya.

"I think," started Tammy, but stopped when she saw Ananya nodding in a negative.

"Let's just go with the flow, Tammy. Things are complicated as it is. I will just ask for his clarification on some good day " said Ananya switching on the TV.

Both the room mates then lay on the bed watching Dexter.

No comments:

Post a Comment