Sunday, August 14, 2016

THE IGNORANT DATE


"Hi! Mindy, right?" asked Ryan.

"And you must be Mr. Architect," said Mindy.

"Ryan," he said.

Ryan and Mindy had chatted once since their common friends wanted them to go on a date. But they hardly knew anything about each other. As they sat down and overlook the menu to order something, Mindy said, "I don't really like the place. The food here is not so good, but the ambiance is comforting".

"Well, I had the same observation about this place. But then it was bought over by someone and now the food is really good," Ryan said.

"I hope so. Bad food can be mood spoilers," she said and laughed.

They ordered and continued talking. Halfway through the meal, Ryan asked, "How is the food?"

"It's yummy. Unlike before. Either they have a new chef or its just you," Mindy said.

"It's me," said he and laughed.

"Stop flattering yourself," she said giggling.

Just then the waiter came to clear the table and Mindy ordered the dessert. When she had nearly finished, he asked, "Did you enjoy your meal?"

"Yes, I did," she said.

"And your date?" he asked.

"I see potential," she confessed and smiled.

He smiled too and caught her hand, "Now let's go. You want to go to the beach or somewhere else?" He got up.

"Somewhere else. But aren't you forgetting something?" she  questioned.

"Oh yes! I like you too," he confessed.

"Well, thank you Ryan. But I was talking about the bill. Shouldn't we call for one?"

"I will call for one, but they won't accept it," he said still standing.

"I don't understand".

"I am an architect with a passion for food. So, after returning from Dubai, I bought this place," he stated.

She got up, "You are joking, right?"

"No. But if you want to check," he said and handed her his business card.

"But why didn't you tell me? I just sat here talking against this place," she said.

"I was rather enjoying it," he laughed.

"I feel like such a fool," she said covering her face with both her hands.

He stepped closer to her to remove her hands and said, "I can't even start to mention, how adorable you are,"

"But".

"But, what?"

She looked at his face for a few seconds, then holding his hand said, "Nothing. Everything is just perfect. I am adorable and you are amazing. Now, let's go".

No comments:

Post a Comment