Sunday, September 18, 2016

A FAILED RELATIONSHIP


As I looked at the remains of one more failed relationship, I smiled.

I wasn't so strong yet that the rejection didn't matter. The last time it happened, I had promised myself that I wouldn't drive myself crazy over a guy.

And yet months later, I found myself falling madly over this one. He was confident, smart with a sexy voice. I often wondered how he could still be single.

He blamed it on his emotional clutches. Hey! I too had them. I was overly sensitive and being in a relationship gave me anxiety attacks.

I thought we were doing good, until he sent me a text that read we couldn't be anything any more. It was a sweet text, don't judge him. Any ways, we were in a long distant relationship and this was the only way we communicated.

This time I was handling things better. It hurt and the first night, I found it difficult to breathe, when my thoughts ran to him. But I didn't see myself walking as a zombie. True, the guy was a gem and losing him should have felt like the end of the universe. But it didn't.

He was practical. Some girl broke his heart and he wanted to play it safe. I was the opposite. Boys had broken my heart and I still believed in love. Hell I went one step further, I seeked vulnerability in a relationship.

So now that it was over, I listened to songs that were peppy. And while walking to work today, I felt a bit bad when I saw a cute couple strolling hand in hand. But, each new day gives me hope.

Hope of finding the right one. The one who is as quirky as me, who listens to Alaine De Botton and accepts that everybody is a little crazy.

As for my ex. I am thankful he was in my life. Because he taught me a lesson or two on self belief and life. And I do genuinely hope he finds a good girl who can help him with his clutches.

But this is my story, so here's to me and my journey on finding the right one.

6 comments: